Laura at and after Cambridge

These are the trials and tribulations of the over-educated and unemployed.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

just "W"ondering

Does anyone else remember back around the last presidential election, how there were so many cars with George W Bush stickers on them? (Maybe I saw a disproportionate amount because I was in western PA, but based on election demographics almost half of the people in this country voted for Bush... at least some of those folks no doubt had W stickers on their cars) Anyway, I have been spending a lot of time recently in my car, driving around, and I almost never see a W sticker.

Where did they all go?

At what point did George W. Bush fans decide it was time to stop declaring their endorsement to the road community? I'll bet it was a pain to get all those stickers off -- they never come off easily and always leave behind some pasty residue. I wonder if those former supporters got out the Goof Off glue remover and pulled their car into the garage so the neighbors wouldn't see them doing the deed. Or maybe they removed the sticker in the driveway for all to see, as if to say, "yup, I made a mistake".

And then I also wonder about those people still driving around with George W. Bush stickers on their cars... are they just too stubborn or proud to admit their endorsement was misplaced?

And finally, I wonder about which cars probably once had a W sticker on them... I'll bet some of more than a few Hummers once did. Environmental policy is clearly not a key issue for those folks.

Meanwhile, I am depressed because it is never going to snow again, and I am going to have to explain to my future kids what snow is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home